Two former Louisiana State CID partners, Martin Hart and Rustin Cohle, give separate statements to a pair of investigators about the murder of a prostitute, Dora Lange, 17 years earlier. As they look back, details of the crime, replete with occult overtones, are accompanied by insights into the detective's volatile partnership and personal lives.
8 Episodes Collapse episodes
1. The Long Bright Dark 60 minsSeries Premiere. The lead investigators in a macabre 1995 murder relive the case in the wake of new info.
2. Seeing Things 58 minsUnder pressure to land a suspect, Cohle and Hart follow a lead to a cathouse and an incinerated church.
3. The Locked Room 59 minsCohle and Hart visit a tent revival in search of leads; Hart gets sidetracked at a C and W bar.
4. Who Goes There 58 minsHart and Cohle follow a series of dangerous leads in an effort to locate prime suspect Reggie Ledoux.
5. The Secret Fate of All Life 58 minsHart and Cohle share the spoils of a solved case; Papania and Gilbough confront the detectives with troubling new intelligence.
6. Haunted Houses 59 minsMaggie sheds light on Cohle's activities in 2002, when his relationship with Hart fractured and Cohle quit the force.
7. After You've Gone 54 minsHart and Cohle forge a truce to probe a string of disappearances that tie to the symbology of the Dora Lange murder and the Tuttle family.
8. Form and Void 58 minsSeason One Finale. An overlooked detail provides Hart and Cohle with an important new lead in their 17-year-old case.
Cast & Crew
Running Time464mins (~58min/episode)
Television Revision – True Detective: Season 1Reviewed by Andrew Williams
Now, this is a story all about how… Rust Cohle (Matthew McConaughey) and Marty Hart (Woody Harrelson) are two grizzled detectives on the trail of a serial killer in 1995 – while in 2012 the same me...